Chronicles Of Me

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

''We are told about the world before we see it. We imagine mist things before we experience them. And these perceptions, unless education has made us acutely aware, govern deeply the whole process of perception. They mark out certain objects as familiar or strange''
-Walter Lippman


Is black really black? or is it actually blue? or red? Who named it ''black''? And who decides for eternity it shall be called black. Are we the ones who are really colour blind? But then who are we compared to? Do we actually percieve black to be... black?

That quote reminds me of the movie ''the matrix''.The truth is we are controlled in a way.By the media, by our parents, by our peers and the GOVERNMENT.
Sometimes because out of respect, maybe the 'older-knows-better'' mindset, maybe beacuse of FEAR(govt govt govt).

Ultimately we slowly lose ourselves in perceptions. I dare say we lose our soul. We already make up our mind so quickly based on opinions.
Have you ever thought of what you wanted to be?
I always wanted to be a business man.
Recently i've been thinking of what i actually want to do with my life in the future and what i am interested in.

In singapore it is a safe bet that if you want to live comfortably you have to be a businessman(an average one would do). I thought about it and now i might not be so interested in being one anymore. Look at it this way, i may have been interested in being a businessman only because i wanted to live the best life in Singapore. As a result i forgo all my other talents (if i had any) and any other real interest. Brushing them off as unimportant and childish(maybe). In a way this is also preception. We precieve we need to survive in Singapore therefore we create this interest in business(in my case). Apply that to many other things and see what else you can find out about yourself. You'll be surprised what you actually want. Unfortunately not everyone can change.

Apply that to racism
money
cars
toilets
insects
death
love
ballons
colours
shoes
FASHION
ART

Magicians and politicians use this to great effect in getting what they want.

I think that's one way to look at the world. I just hope we don't lose ourselves to society. I see it as a vicious cycle. I envy those who know what they want.
But there's no fun in know what you want. Which brings me to my next point in life.
You can never be happy. haha

i hope i made sense.. haha.. ignore me.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home